Debit Cards are Easy & Convenient!
Enjoy everyday access to your funds at ATMs worldwide and the ease of making purchases without writing a check. Your Debit Card is FREE – no fees, just simple convenience. Plus, your Debit Card comes with chip technology for enhanced security, providing greater protection against fraud. You card is more secure than ever before!
Using your card is rewarding and convenient!
- Purchase details appear on your monthly checking statement so tracking your spending is easy.
- Your card is accepted more readily than checks and adds an extra layer of security with new EMV Chip Technology.
- Purchases are deducted directly from your checking account so there are no finance charges.
- No matter what you want to buy, the Providence Bank Visa® Debit Card makes shopping easy.
- Merchants, such as a grocery store, with chip enabled terminals will ask you to insert your card into the terminal. Merchants without chip terminals may ask you to swipe the magnetic strip.
- If you’re asked to insert the card, look for a slot on the bottom-front of the terminal and insert your card face up with the chip first.
- Leave your card in the terminal until the transaction is complete.
- The terminal may prompt you to sign or enter a PIN to validate your identity.
- Take your card when prompted and don’t leave it behind.
- For over the phone or online purchases, provide your card information the way you always have when you’re ready to make a purchase.
Just complete a quick Debit Card Order Form or visit any of our Banking Centers to order your card.
If your card is lost or stolen, immediately call 888.297.3416, then complete the Debit Card Order Form.
Traveling outside the state or the country? Avoid having your debit card denied at the register – notify Providence Bank before you leave. Notifying us of your travel plans helps prevent your debit card transactions from being blocked during your travels.
Notifying us about your travel plans is not the only financial precaution you should take. If possible, bring more than one credit or debit card with you and stash one in a safe space outside your wallet in the event that your wallet is lost or stolen. Check out our Debit Card Travel Tips for more helpful travel safety tips.